Death Crossroads Blood

syssouffle

Edited 29 February 2016 - 9:13 pm by syssouffle
2ucicweyrvc0u3sbekmqpigqwwx38vs8

In Death Crossroads Blood the unit you get is random, it change each 80 secondes and it's choosed among 32 units that you have in your random box. You can see this box over your base. Your chance to get one of these unit is 1/32. Kill the enemy tower for win. With kills you'll get gold, food and new heroes that you can put in your random box. With gold you can buy various upgrades in the store as you like. With food you can cast a large diversity of spells, like base panic or middle panic.

The random box is the main thing of the game. For example if you get robin hood (50 kills), you could choose to replace your spearman by it. Now you won't get anymore spearmans because you removed it, but you have 1/32 chance to get robin hood.

Death Crossroads Blood v1.6 (4p):
Map => Here
Screen => [You must login to view link]

Note: This map can be fun to play 8 players in coop mode, there are much things to do during the game so it can be split between two players. Units / Hero + Imam / Store / Random Box / Spells, it needs much apm to handle all these features perfectly.

I made this map with a PHP script, big thanks to Megolunia for making this.
Any ideas, suggestions ? Post here.

Settings:
Lock teams
All tech disable
Ressource: Standard
Map: All visible

Triggers statistics:
17 936 triggers
17 958 conditions
131 623 effects

How To play:

Basics:
=> Each 80 sec your current unit is replaced by a new one, which is randomly selected among the 32 units that you have in your random box, behind your base.
=> You get +0.04 kill/s per unit staying in the middle zone. E.G: If you have 20 units at middle, then you get +0.8 kill/sec.
=> You get carts and other extra rewards with kills, also your main hero and Imam get +2 max HP per kill.
=> Units garrisoned in your tower aren't damaged by explosions.
=> You have a large spells diversity behind your base, delete the object for activate it.
=> You can reset enemy actual unit at the small island behind your base, with the petard.

Ressource:
Wood: It's your kills counter.
Food: +1/Kill. You need it for cast spells (behind your base).
Gold: +1/Kill. You get a cart each 50 gold.
Stone: Time remaining before next unit. You can see stone counters of enemies' players at petard island units HP.

Spells:
Base Panic (200 Food): Kill units in your base. (Counted as kills)
Middle Panic (100 Food): Kill units at middle. (Counted as kills)
Shotguns (100 Food): Kill units facing to your left / right door. (Counted as kills)
Atomic Bomb (50 Food): Launch a wave of explosions which kills units in the whole map, but the wave is stopped by any encountered walls. (Kills not counted)
Tower Shield (100 Food): Tower invincible for 30 sec.
Reroll (20 Food): Remove actual units and go to next one now.
Furnace (Free): Just a zone where you can delete units fast.
Reroll Enemy (Petard): You can see enemies' units at the "boom island" where you have a petard, you can reset player actual unit by killing it with the petard. Also you can see enemy time remaining before next unit at unit HP.

Explosions:
Lines explosions which cross the whole map are generated randomly, all others explosions are generated by players with spells. The atomic bomb cross the whole map and kill all units, but it won't enter in your base if your walls are here, walls stop it.

Kills Rewards:
Each 25 kills you get a new hero to put in your random box. This "box" contains all units that you can get randomly, so, to put a new unit, you have to replace one unit that you already have.
You can see the kill counter of each players at top. The Flag show their progression in kills rewards.

Civ Bonus:
There aren't differences between civ but their elite unit is researched. All other bonus are disable and all civ can get all units/blacksmith techs.
Attachments:
Death Crossroads Blood v1.6.zip (file size: 228.61 KB)
Title.png (file size: 20.82 KB)
TitleHeaven.png (file size: 8.72 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 2 December 2013 - 6:48 am
I did try this and it was indeed fun. But there were a few issues it's far to complex even by roll the dice standards.
The random killing of all my men every minute or 2 leaving my tower exposed was annoying.
If you could simplify it a bit. By not having to leave the battle for every damn upgrade, and let players control their destiny, instead of killing their units randomly this would be a winner.
Also have you thought of any other names for this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 2 December 2013 - 1:00 pm by syssouffle
I'm not sure of name actually, it could be also "Deadly Crossroads Blood". About random explosions, players are able to dodge them if they want save their units. I think you have to learn more the map and you will see it's one of the main feature of the game which make it fun and add king of strategy different than other maps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 4 December 2013 - 7:06 pm
I think this would do well as a 8 player map among the old blood player community.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]ChironAge

Posted 9 December 2013 - 12:44 am
A couple questions:
1) Where can I get get PHP script?
2) How did you bypass the Gate HP bug? (where the gate loses HP when it opens/closes)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Rectum_Ranger_

Posted 9 December 2013 - 11:07 am
2) How did you bypass the Gate HP bug? (where the gate loses HP when it opens/closes)

With castle age gates the effect doesn't break. Bug appears only when you have imperial gates (fortified walls is researched).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 10 December 2013 - 2:59 am
Yeah, that's a lame bug. Imperial gates always looked better, in my opinion. I'm sure that bug has been fixed by someone.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 10 December 2013 - 7:57 pm by syssouffle
A friend gave it to me, but there isn't public downloadable version yet. You can contact him at GR (Account ID: megolunia).

I hadn't good design/gameplay ideas for a 8p map.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 23 August 2014 - 6:59 pm
He plays on GR? LOL
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 30 June 2015 - 2:38 am
link broken
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Posted 30 June 2015 - 7:16 pm
fixed
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ByT]Rey_Fer

Posted 2 November 2018 - 1:24 pm
Hi!

When I start the tower's HP is 1 Is this normal?
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Posted 7 November 2018 - 4:08 pm
No, actually I can't even run the map here...??? wtf, I'm pretty sure this scx is fine I didn't changed it since long time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 7 November 2018 - 10:05 pm by syssouffle
Well the map runs well if it is launched with voobly, strange. Very funny but it takes some time to handle, crazy gameplay ^^.

About tower HP no it starts with 10k HP (see current HP). Max HP are set to 1 for triggers purpose.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts