Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Random Map > Best Age of Empires RM Players of All Time

Best Age of Empires RM Players of All Time

Poll: Who is the best RM player of all time (AOC)
DauT
Tim
TheViper
Chris
RiuT
Jordan
Koven
 TH_inAoE

Posted 10 May 2016 - 3:08 am
Dreadfort wrote:
Zone : 1. DauT 2.Chris 3.(Halen, Grunt, Koven)

GamePark : 1.Chris 2. Alive 3. Ruso

IGZONES : 1.DauT 2.Chris 3.Jordan_23

Voobly : 1.TheViper 2.Jordan_23 3. RiuT

^ This.

But really, i'm not on the list? =P
Link | Reply | Quote
 AxiSheytan

Posted 2 July 2016 - 6:54 am
yazgi ;smiletongue ;smiletongue
Link | Reply | Quote
 IamLocu

Posted 8 July 2016 - 4:01 am
I have arguments on youtube with disgusting Koven fanboys. Their argument typically and solely consists of Bu.. Bu.. But K0ven is GOHD.
When I kindly explain that the 2001 game between Koven and Halen that they are watching is a messy piece of **** compared to modern games, it's like talking to a brick wall.
When I kindly explain that Koven just came back to voobly and got tore a new asshole by a 17+, they can't bring themselves to understand...
When I tell them that Viper and Jordan are light years ahead of anything Koven has ever achieved in an AoC game, well..

The hushed revered tones in 2000 of a mysterious player above all others. At the end of the day, players need someone to worship and Koven became that myth. The truth is that unfortunately he doesn't even belong on this list.

If anyone doubts this, they need to produce a record of Koven playing amazingly. If they fail to do this, they must stfu and realise they are nothing but nostalgic fanboys.

Actually, i think that maybe your wrong, some players on the list, really really good players, were just kids in 2000 era, the MSN Zone, and to master the game the way Chris, Halen, Koven, Ruso, and others did with a input phone modem, the amount of lag, and all that came with a 128 ram pc and a 56k model that will lag the **** out of the game is not worthy of top players, was Masterful, nothing against viper or other now a day players, but maybe they wouldnt be as good as they are now with the playing conditions back then, perhaps viper today if you put it in a 56k modem and 128b pc against koven he will loose painfully.

And not all players have great comebacks, Koven didnt have one great comeback, but im pretty sure that if he would play the amount of time that he used to play back in the day he will be top 5 no questions asked, just se Chris.

In modern time i think Viper is the best player, but overall time, from zone to now a days, i think he maybe dont make it into the top 5 best players of all time.

Hope nobady takes offense of my opinion, that, al last it´s no more than that, an opinion.

GG.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Serenity_

Posted 27 July 2016 - 2:28 am
daut, chris or grunt. one of these
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 August 2016 - 4:37 am
koven
Link | Reply | Quote
 PradeeP

Posted 9 September 2016 - 5:24 pm
Bala the best. Only he make pikeman with no upgraded and fight vs britons xbows.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dont11

Posted 9 September 2016 - 5:35 pm
Vıper and Chris
Link | Reply | Quote
 A_K_

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:14 am
Viper VIPER ;1st
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 19 February 2017 - 3:24 pm
Paraiso wrote:
You clearly haven't been playing this for long.

Oh why is that because I disagree with you. Stupid baseless assumption.
Paraiso wrote:
Any player has to be judged within his era.

Or they can be judged absolutely, especially when we have the direct evidence to do so.
Paraiso wrote:
Each generation of players benefits from the previous one. Happens in every sport, art, science.

What's this got to do with anything? You admitting that Viper and Jordan are indeed greater but they somehow owe all this to a previous players, specifically Arch Koven? If you are going to do a straw-man argument at least make it one that supports your point...
Paraiso wrote:
Ask kkab, chris, Halen (to name 3 that actually played against him before he left the game) if koven deserves to be on this list.

Stupid argument from authority... I've seen Kovens recs from the early '00s (around current 15+ voobly standard). I laugh my ass off at the standard of play. Viper and Jordan innovated this game way more than Koven ever did. You clearly haven't been here too long Rook, your fake 17+ RM rate fools no-one.

Link | Reply | Quote
 Cantillon

Posted 21 March 2017 - 1:19 pm
Oh why is that because I disagree with you. Stupid baseless assumption.
Not really. It is not an assumption. Had you been playing for a long time, you'd understand the different stages a game goes through. Judging one player without understanding the context is, well, plain ignorant.
Strat exploration, strat development and execution play very different roles in each stage. Koven went through all, Viper and Jordan did not. They came about when everything was already "invented". Minor tweaks here and there but that's about it.
The amount of strat available for any newcomer is monstrous now, it wasn't back then. Half the experts didn't record their games. it was about trial, error, planning, trying out new stuff, etc.

You have no idea, whatsoever, about the endless discussions regarding strategy that places like mfo had back in the day.
Or they can be judged absolutely, especially when we have the direct evidence to do so.
You can, but that would be pretty dumb. The direct evidence so speak of is ridiculously circumstantial. Viper and Jordan weren't there when the strats were being created.
Koven was there when everything was either a boom to imperial or a 18 min castle attack. You probably don't even know what the teuton tc problem was.
Viper and Jordan didn't have to go through that. The learned from what thousands of players tried and tested, over and over.

In sport terms, Viper and Jordan joined the game after all the Fosbury flops had been discovered. Comparing them to pre-fosbury flop eras is, well, complicated at the very least. Doing it the way you did is plain stupid.
Quote:
What's this got to do with anything? You admitting that Viper and Jordan are indeed greater but they somehow owe all this to a previous players, specifically Arch Koven? If you are going to do a straw-man argument at least make it one that supports your point...
Because, again, you need to judge person within a context. Koven dominated his era, more than Viper or Jordan dominated theirs.
Quote:
Stupid argument from authority... I've seen Kovens recs from the early '00s (around current 15+ voobly standard). I laugh my ass off at the standard of play. Viper and Jordan innovated this game way more than Koven ever did. You clearly haven't been here too long Rook, your fake 17+ RM rate fools no-one.
Silly reply from ignorance. The bold part is the perfect example. That is anachronistic by definition.
People like Chris (who've competed in equal terms with Jordan and Viper) were playing at that time and losing to that 1500++ koven.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]
Displaying 31 - 40 out of 40 posts