RCB Gold 2013 v3

_Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 23 February 2013 - 6:57 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
It's a balance issue.
Quote:
Center bombard towers are undead for the first two minutes to help balance between different civs/people getting screwed over out of spite... this pretty much gives you a guaranteed two razes but you need to make sure to use your bombard otherwise it'll just shoot at other undead bombards
Link | Reply | Quote
 ComBoT

Posted 23 February 2013 - 7:06 pm
i don't get why it should make the game more fair....usually u get the bb down on the first 1 min with guardian and 4 pals plus the others towers....so it's better :S
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 23 February 2013 - 7:15 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
ComBoT wrote:
i don't get why it should make the game more fair....usually u get the bb down on the first 1 min with guardian and 4 pals plus the others towers....so it's better :S

More fair => harder to win => more fun

You never get the bombard down with the guardian and paladins in ffa RCB... in 1v1 it's a different story though and I'm making a 1v1 version and in that version the bombards won't be undead for the first 2 minutes.

http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/141634
Link | Reply | Quote
 ComBoT

Posted 23 February 2013 - 7:22 pm
anyway i liked the 2011 version for 1vs1...wasn't so unfair at all...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 23 February 2013 - 7:51 pm
this map needs to be unrated, it's aweful in any type of same civ match, ie 1v1, 2v2 or others, also i can't imagine it being good for ffa/tg
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 23 February 2013 - 8:35 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
this map needs to be unrated, it's aweful in any type of same civ match, ie 1v1, 2v2 or others, also i can't imagine it being good for ffa/tg

I've never even seen you play in a single game Zanchy. I designed it for ffa and team games with 8 people. There's a reason I'm making a 1v1 version, too. =P Also, doing same civ is just something that isn't done in games other than 1v1...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]thunderbird

Posted 24 February 2013 - 2:37 pm
you know how we always said anyone can win with any civ irrespective of the civ next to you...well that was not so true for civs like goths and aztecs while civs like japs and bzy always had it so easy...2013 delivers at making the first statement i wrote true and i am strictly talking ffa.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 24 February 2013 - 2:56 pm
^agreed.

They'll still beat you initially though but with things in this v2 like the stronger super store units, better auto-balance, better "tiny island" units, and the undead bombard for the first two minutes it's rather hard to get totally dominated. However, these things also promote the stronger civs too (persians, koreans), which is why two days ago I decided to make harald 16 kings. Hopefully it'll be rated soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 duderer

Posted 27 February 2013 - 9:49 pm
Looks good. When will this be rated?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 28 February 2013 - 7:38 pm
Changed it so you get two for one when it comes to monks. Decided randomly to do this because it just is t fair in some games where someone has a villager and can mass produce while you were forced to go imp in the beginning and can only get one at a time. Should be the last change... It could've been rated weeks ago with the way it was before though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_beatit

Posted 1 March 2013 - 5:46 am
I appreciate your work, really
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 1 March 2013 - 9:31 pm
^thanks. ^_^

I'm not sure what the mods are waiting for to rate it but the longer they wait the more players will get used to the current map whilst I adjusted stuff in this one to appease the masses (e.g. bottom store reorientation).
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 2 March 2013 - 7:40 pm
Looks like it was rated. Here's the link for download: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 4 March 2013 - 4:37 pm
For any wondering the khan bug has been fixed and that version is waiting to be rated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Alfz

Posted 7 March 2013 - 9:27 pm
This map is awful. Period. One improvement you made, which was the 20 ship thing, you removed it. People have fun now destroying castles with fire ships. What an awful map. Unrate it.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]45678
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 108 posts