RCB Gold 2013 v3

SaV_Coach

Posted 8 February 2013 - 8:52 pm
I would think p1 vs p8 slot would be great for 1v1 rcb.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 8 February 2013 - 10:44 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
I should just make a two week long poll asking whether or not to remove the genitour or keep it.
SaV_Coach wrote:
I would think p1 vs p8 slot would be great for 1v1 rcb.

I like this idea too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Utube

Posted 11 February 2013 - 3:10 pm
;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:07 am
Updated first post with final list of changes for v2.

Should be ready to be rated. =)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]thunderbird

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:42 am
i had gotten used to the bottom store of 2013v1..the new one looks weird to me.

for 1v1's make two maps with p1vsp8 and p1vsp5..that would be interesting.
and no undead towers for 1v1..recently played a few 1v1's and didnt realize i was not doing any damage to the bombard tower until i clicked on it and noticed the hp was minus something...its a matter of getting used to but we dont really need undead towers for 1v1 games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 13 February 2013 - 3:33 am
i had gotten used to the bottom store of 2013v1..the new one looks weird to me.

for 1v1's make two maps with p1vsp8 and p1vsp5..that would be interesting.
and no undead towers for 1v1..recently played a few 1v1's and didnt realize i was not doing any damage to the bombard tower until i clicked on it and noticed the hp was minus something...its a matter of getting used to but we dont really need undead towers for 1v1 games.

I won't be making a 1v1 version for months and I may not in general unless I get a chip in of some type going because I'm broke and more money wouldn't hurt. I put a lot of time into getting this v2 out and I'm going to work on the AoFE right now too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Emperor_PEC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 7:33 am
Really Nice Work Weapon.. When can we get v2 Rated ? ;1st ;1st ;
Link | Reply | Quote
 Smileboy

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:36 pm
1+ =)
Link | Reply | Quote
 CBA__HerMeS__

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:49 pm
Super Store Harald +500 hp, 200 ap initially (delayed 7 mins) <===this is bad. its enough to rape people with harald but now its so much less time required.
Charlemagne three kings (no imp upgrades included) (will need testing but I believe it'll be fine) <=== **** not this again...even without blast furnace this is gonna be so annoying
7 mins, Frankish +500 hp, 175 ap initially <=== i dont like this either but w/e he doesnt do **** anyway
Full population buy on the super store now (3 kings gives you 200 total pop) <=== this is gonna completely ruin the balance as now an early advantage (like an early aztec martel) and its gg

Overall, a lot of these changes were unneccesary and honestly the only one i actually liked was getting rid of the genitour.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 14 February 2013 - 12:40 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
1) I changed it to 500/150 this afternoon. If you waste that many kings on harald so early it won't be good end game-wise. Most battles in mid versus other players (i.e. p2 vs p3) are over after 7 mins. It's only a potential detriment towards infantry civs after 7 minutes and if they bring it near mid with all the towers it'll die easily. It won't make a big deal with the delay and infantry civs will counter it appropriately. Think about it this way. Is the payoff going to be worth it most of the time? Is someone going to potentially kill 250 units/an equivalent amount of razings and kills to make their investment back on the buy (i.e. 5 kings); probably not.

2) Charle gets no imperial techs including blast furnace. It will not become the new henry. People can get kings so fast in other ways it's way too easy to get robin by the time someone gets charle and builds up a decent pop to come at you. If anything it'll just force people to buy the weaker units which is good imo because it'll make games better in the long run since more skill will be involved.

3) Frankish won't be a big deal

4) Full pop won't either. I just included it because I had room and it was an idea from a previous version. It won't change much of anything unless you're Persians and even then they'll be easier to counter with the Scout/stronger harald on super store/stronger frankish...

These changes will make the game more fun via more strats => harder to win/make you try harder. Just give it a chance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]DJ

Posted 14 February 2013 - 1:29 am
^Yeah. I know they're used in 1v1 but right now I'm focusing on the ffa/team games only. Having the center bombards undead also screws up 1v1 games. I'm not sure what people want for 1v1 but I will release a 1v1 version when I'm done with the main one.

That is should the 1v1 version:
1) Still have archers of eyes auto-spawn?
2) Have the tiny island delay?
3) Have undead bombards at all?
4) Bases directly across from each other (e.g. p1 v p5 orientation or the current adjacent orientation)?

If you release a 1 V.S 1 version, make archer of eyes as a pick with kings (Eg: Palladins, archer of eyes, Khans, etc.). Make bombard towars killable since the beggining, since some people (me fo example) like snipping the bombard tower at first, and if there's way for you to make P1 V.S P2 fair it would be alright, also P1 V.S P5 isn't bad idea. But do not delay the paladines.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 14 February 2013 - 2:23 am
Remind me why p1 vs p2 isn't fair?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]DJ

Edited 16 February 2013 - 2:48 am by [Eot_]DJ
Quote:
[19:48] RIP_Zanchy___ says:
p1 has more hill in middle on higher elevation

That's why.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 16 February 2013 - 5:14 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
If it's really just the elevation that'd be incredibly easy to fix... just make the top more flat or make mid have no elevation at all.

If someone were to make a concrete list of changes to make for a 1v1 that doesn't include changing p2's position I'll get to it soon but as for changing p2 into p8 or p5 I'm not doing that for quite awhile.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ComBoT

Posted 23 February 2013 - 6:54 pm
why there is an invincible tower for 2 mins? That's lame...

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]345678
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 108 posts