Community Forums > General > General Discussion > Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Poll: Do you want a Rating Decay System on Voonly
Strongly Agree
Agree
Don't care
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
 [ck__]Volsomme

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:56 pm
Great idea! I think 14 days should be enough. But what if you loose a smaller amount of points the first time. Then people can be gone for vacations etc without loosing so many points
Link | Reply | Quote
 _RedDragon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:58 pm
I agree with all the 15 day posts.
Anything above that would make this decay system useless.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BugA_the_Great

Edited 27 November 2012 - 12:05 am by BugA_the_Great
I agree with the decay system, just remember to keep track of player`s "personal best" (the highest rating achieved so far) ;) It would be such a shame to lose that data...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:05 am
Ae000 wrote:
Strongly disagree, ratings are fine as they are; people are going to moan about them whatever you do.

I wouldn't say ratings are fine as they are, but I would say that this won't really change anything besides get rid of inactive accounts. This won't make the ladders competitive again until we fix our policies that keep allowing people to noob bash and avoid matches and various other things.
Link | Reply | Quote
 __H_o__N__d_A__

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:06 am
So your saying that if someone worked hard on their rating you will take away the points of they are unable to play for a pro-longed period of time? This system is the antichrist of voobly. Truly stupid in every way. Sorry if you do not like my opinion but I do not care for this ****ed decay crap
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]_ForrestGump_

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:07 am
This is a great idea but way to fast and harsh. I believe after reading all this that people want it fixed now. But 10 days lets be honest for people who also have other things to attend to rather than AOE. 10 days is just way to short especially if other pressing things get in the way (not talking about vacation etc). I think the punishment should be much more harsh like -50 points after a month of activity and 25 (or more) each week after all the way to the floor of 1800(or whatever is decided upon). Then at 6 months of no activity you go to 1600 flat.Simple, accomplishes what you are looking to do. The only thing is you wont see results as quickly as in 10 days.

In the post from Taff "This is not created to PUNISH the good people of Voobly." This should be a given. All good people of Voobly understand this. By imposing it at ten days you are punishing all you good casual players. You are trying to punish point traders, cheaters, and point stackers. No one else should be punished along with the punishment of those groups. Thats why I think the date should be expanded and the punishment is much harsher
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]DEUS

Edited 27 November 2012 - 12:31 am by [s1L3nT]DEUS
15 days min not 10 and i strongly agree

yo taff? howdy man..

im strongly disagree at all

first i think the time of 10 days is really short..

look it on this way... for example if a player have to study for exams ( most of the players here are young) he will be in a really bad situation... loosing points for being inactive for 10 days without playing at least one game...

if a player have to go on a vacation he will go for 15 days minimum..

i think the time should be 30 days....

i personally go on vacation for at least 15 or 16 days on januray...

think about it...

plus im 18++ in all rated leaders... thats means that i should play one game of each leader every 10 days for keep my rate as well... NO SENSE AT ALL..... seriously this is bad... let the people beyond 18++ in all rated games decide this.........

have a nice day
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]DEUS

Edited 27 November 2012 - 12:11 am by [s1L3nT]DEUS
I'd make it 7 days, I believe everyone can find time to play 5 games ( for cs ladders ) per week. 10 days seems like too much, because if you sit in your room like estigma do you'll get some noob in who don't eaven know to play and keep you rate.

7 days ?? absurd... no sense at all... most of the players are not as PATHETIC as you are and can'T play everyday... we have a life... i strongly suggest that you should get a life my son
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:14 am
Worst idea ive ever read on igz/voobly time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]DEUS

Edited 27 November 2012 - 12:16 am by [s1L3nT]DEUS
we lose points for not playing? thats ridiculous.

make sense
Link | Reply | Quote
 Copyright_2012

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:18 am
Only people above 1800+ rate should be voting this. Letting an eternal 15xx/16xx decide what happens to other peoples accomplished rates (99% of the players EARNED them) is absurd.

The only true thing that matters is top ten list etc. So 2500+ rates should have some sort of decay but let those 2500+ decide if they want to or not, not 15xx random nobody's.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BugA_the_Great

Edited 27 November 2012 - 12:22 am by BugA_the_Great
I agree with the decay system, just remember to keep track of player`s "personal best" (the highest rating achieved so far) ;) It would be such a shame to lose that data...

Also, I`m not sure if the current suggestion is the best one we had. I remember reading somewhere - instead of decay (losing points), after some period of inactivity (a month?) an account (its rating) would become "inactive", keeping its points but being removed from the ladders. To have it active again, a player would need to play a certain amount of rated games on that account (10, 20 games?), which would help to "correct" his rating after the period of inactivity before putting it back on the ladder.

That seems as a better idea (maybe?), as it will solve "ladder campers", too, making the ladder as correct as it should be (showing only ratings of "active" players) - but no points will be lost, which is a huge plus, and it will "force" that "rating refresh" once the player is back, where he needs to play a certain amount of rated games in order to get his nick back on the ladder.

Anyway, it`s good that finally some effort has been made... Just needs to be well thought of, needs more thinking about the final solution, not to make it bad.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BuzZ_Badtrip

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:20 am
strongly disagree
I wouldnt have the time to hold all my accs on their actual rate, and being 1800 rated is useless if you wanna smurf on a 2k room. And about the ladders being false, they will always be, since multi-acc is allowed on voobly(and i support it) and many players have multiple top ranked accounts, and they will surely manage to keep it that way.
If the ultimate aim for this is to build a stronger ladder, start from the begining and prohibit multi-acc aka smurfing. (in that case i will strongly disagree aswell)

Yeah, if you have more accounts then you can handle, god forbid you lose 20 points on some of them. Lets just scrap this idea because obviously your issues are more important. ;drool
Link | Reply | Quote
 RavenMichael

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:20 am
I like the idea, but should first reset all ladder, and from then save the historical highest ratings from each player in each ladder he participate, would suck to get 2k4 and then u leave and no credit anymore. And playing vs a player 300 points lower than you should give no pojnts at all. And then i strongly agree.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [HyM]SeriouS

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:21 am
i dont agree bcz i dont play always.. i m playing when i have free time i dont have to play this game everyday this is silly..

Link | Reply | Quote
12345678[9]101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 121 - 135 out of 346 posts