Community Forums > General > General Discussion > Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Poll: Do you want a Rating Decay System on Voonly
Strongly Agree
Agree
Don't care
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
 ['RB']Dan

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 29 November 2012 - 6:55 pm
So hes saying points are more inportant then good grades? give this guy a medal!
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['sT]thunderbird

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 29 November 2012 - 7:02 pm
Maybe you should take an exam first before worrying about losing 10 points per 10 days.

Let's do some simple math, shall we?

Every 10 days minus (-) 10 points. So, if YOU (falcon or the other crybabies on this thread) were gone for 30 days for exams (lol? I'm in college too, and I don't have 30 day exams), you'd only miss (oh noes!) 30 points.

Your English might be broken (different country, I understand), but math is universal. Please know the basic concepts of mathematical equations before placing me in some situation that has already happened. Unless you become mentally ****ed after doing exams or going to a hospital after a tree hitting your face, you should be still able to achieve 30 points (lost due to inactivity) in a matter of a few hours.

Grow a pair of balls, except the terms, or simply put… GTFO. I’m not even a Moderator and your ****ing is rather annoying. It really shows the true colors of this community and it wouldn’t surprise me on why Voobly hasn’t achieved its greatest potential. T-bags like you and these other whiney snobs, think they’ll get their way if they cry long enough. All at the same time, people from the outside debating whether or not they should make an account, see this thread and see how many babies are on; they make a decision on not joining Voobly.

Our actions within these threads make a decision everyday whether or not someone joins this community. Please be aware of this.

FAIL.....if you think his english is broken and he might understand math then you are soo ****ing stupid...esp when your medium of making him understand the maths of point decay is english.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PrinceAbooAboo

Posted 29 November 2012 - 8:31 pm
FAIL.....if you think his english is broken and he might understand math then you are soo ****ing stupid...esp when your medium of making him understand the maths of point decay is english.

lmfao.
You are defending a lost city.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Stella_

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:58 pm
In the third world points can be exchanged for tacos and rice, grades are worthless. Its science.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:38 am
The main difference in opinion here, of people with a legitimate reason, other than the people just voting strongly disagree because they have too many accounts to use in 10 days, and their rating is more important than the rest of their life, is this: Some people think their rating is an achievement, of how good they once upon a time managed to get, whereas others think that their rating should be based on recent, current performance. I am the latter, and I even disagree with some of my friends on Voobly about this, I do think it should be about right now, and not a rating achieved ages ago. I have some issues with the proposed length of time, it's not very long, but despite me still thinking it won't make much difference in terms of stopping rating abusers, I think the advantages are more for an accurate rating system, rather than looking at it as a way to prevent abuse.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rogar

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:51 am
why don't u guys make a highest rank of rating together with decay system... guess it would work better
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Skreemo

Posted 30 November 2012 - 2:43 am
This topic gives great insight at what people value more in their lives.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]SvoQ

Posted 30 November 2012 - 3:16 am
This topic gives great insight at what people value more in their lives.

puntos <3 ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 RivaL_ReNeGaDe

Posted 30 November 2012 - 9:19 am

So, can you explain to me how his English goes against an International/Universal mathematical equation? If I was reading something in German and seen a 1+1=? problem, I would know what the hell the mathematical equation was asking.

Based by his country on his profile, he/she claims to be a United States citizen. Unless he/she just came from Mexico and can’t speak a word of English (Good Game), I’d figure he knows what he/she is saying and knows what we’re saying.

Problem is you guys expect change, but cry out excuses rather than have any solutions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RoR]xBzHx

Edited 30 November 2012 - 11:07 am by [RoR]xBzHx
To all you who disagree because blah blah blah, guess what, if you can't keep your rating for whatever reason, it is because your rating is fake and you are not good enough for it in the first place. Lets say you are 2200, and go inactive and go to 2000, it should not be hard to get back to 2200 if the decay system made you 200 points underrated.
There is more to this game then trying to exploit the rating system in every possible way, the rating is not for collecting trophies or whatever, its sole purpose is to indicate yours and others skill levels to find a suiting opponent when you play.
I'm going to enjoy watching most of the high rated names decreasing at a fast pace while the owners desperately are trying to find enough people to pt with, what a brilliant idea, AoC just turned twice as entertaining!

That sum the whole thing pretty well, Badtrip ftw ;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 Stella_

Posted 30 November 2012 - 1:57 pm
Im still yet to see one single plausable explanation for not implementing the rating decay system, most people have just clicked "strongly disagree" and left it at that, everyone whos agreed has posted why, and mostly agrees on it. Those who dont agree have only come up with excuses like "well what happens when im away, etc blah blah"

The fact is, if the top 20 where forced to play a tournament of like 20 maps or so every month none of them would even be there, dont know how many times we have to go through it. It just consists of point ****s, 1 map wonders and PTers just go with it allready, change it to 3 games instead of 1.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PrinceAbooAboo

Posted 30 November 2012 - 2:27 pm

Problem is you guys expect change, but cry out excuses rather than have any solutions.

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['sT]thunderbird

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 30 November 2012 - 6:58 pm
So, can you explain to me how his English goes against an International/Universal mathematical equation? If I was reading something in German and seen a 1+1=? problem, I would know what the hell the mathematical equation was asking.

Based by his country on his profile, he/she claims to be a United States citizen. Unless he/she just came from Mexico and can’t speak a word of English (Good Game), I’d figure he knows what he/she is saying and knows what we’re saying.

i voted 'agree' just so you know...and no it would be really hard to guess what a mathematical quation means when the theory behind the equation is all in german(english for our guy here)......1+1=? is really not how you explained it him...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ramy_wool

Posted 30 November 2012 - 8:02 pm
['RB']Dan wrote:
Do these point addicts have a relegion by any chance?

Almost all are not Christians ;bleh
Link | Reply | Quote
 Biz

Posted 30 November 2012 - 8:52 pm
Stella_ wrote:
Im still yet to see one single plausable explanation for not implementing the rating decay system, most people have just clicked "strongly disagree" and left it at that, everyone whos agreed has posted why, and mostly agrees on it. Those who dont agree have only come up with excuses like "well what happens when im away, etc blah blah"

The fact is, if the top 20 where forced to play a tournament of like 20 maps or so every month none of them would even be there, dont know how many times we have to go through it. It just consists of point ****s, 1 map wonders and PTers just go with it allready, change it to 3 games instead of 1.

the top 20 can smurf whoever the **** they want
the top 20 can play in whatever tournament they want
the top 20 can be top 20 with any rating system

99.9% of players use ratings to find fair games, which is already ridiculously hard. The single biggest problem is that ratings do not represent player skill.

Anything that decreases the Voobly rating of high-skilled players will screw up the ratings of everyone else. The difference between 1600 and 1700 can be enormous. The difference between 1700 and 1800 can be pretty big. The difference between a 2300 and a 2600 is NOTHING in comparison. What mathematically-challenged fool wants to increase that discrepancy?

We are already squeezing 98% of above-average players into a 200 point distribution (1600-1800)
The top 2% get a 800 point spread (1800-2600).

you don't design a global rating system for the few. that's what tournaments are for. the ratings don't even mean anything because they aren't forced to play any meaningful settings on their main accounts. If people are truly aiming for highest rating, they are only going to play on settings they think they can win and against players they think they can beat.

RM is already plagued by skilled players having way lower ratings than they deserve. It's true for the smurfs. It's true for the people who lose to the smurfs. It's fun for nobody...

If you want to fix ratings, you fix them properly. You make them about SKILL, not about POINTS. a 1000-game 1650 doesn't deserve -20 for losing to a 0 gamer 2k smurf. A 1000-game 1800 doesn't deserve -20 for losing to some expert who let one of his 50 alt smurf accounts decay to 1800.

There is more to Voobly than a top 10 list. This isn't about your account (singular) and how you would feel. This is about the reality where people have multiple accounts, and play on multiple accounts, and have ruined the ratings of 1600-1800 players many many times. Get out of the mindset where 1 player just has 1 account. Some guy taking a break from AoC is not the issue here...

Link | Reply | Quote
«456789101112131415161718[19]2021222324
Displaying 271 - 285 out of 346 posts