Community Forums > General > General Discussion > Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Poll: Do you want a Rating Decay System on Voonly
Strongly Agree
Agree
Don't care
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
 RivaL_ReNeGaDe

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 28 November 2012 - 4:44 pm
Good wrote:

S.m.u.r.f.s
Everyone complains about s.m.u.r.f.s. Let's face it, most of us have more than one account, BUT, does that make the rating system accurate? We want to see the top 20 players active and playing, if you take the AoC DM Ladder, 10 of the top 20 nicknames belong to just one player, a great talent and achievement, but it's not reflective of the community and none of those names are actively playing rated games anymore. Wouldn't it be nice to see the top 20 list with all different players nicknames that you can log on and see any of their latest recorded games?

This is one of the main reasons on why this system needs to be implemented.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Stella_

Posted 28 November 2012 - 4:44 pm
130 People strongly disagree? jesus this is actually helping the CS problem, even if you go "away" for like a few months etc have to go do work it still counts, because your not playing so your technically do not warrant being in the top 20 or whatever.

its a very good idea, just that the players could just play in a random 4v4 cba once every 9 days, maybe dropping 4 points at the most and there rate would stay the same, im sure they would find some way to abuse it. I think 3 games is more realistic.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ImPulSive__

Posted 28 November 2012 - 4:56 pm
Quote:
Strongly Agree (339 votes [45.38%])

Percentage of vote: 45.38%
Agree (164 votes [21.95%])

Percentage of vote: 21.95%
Don't care (64 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%
Disagree (50 votes [6.69%])

Percentage of vote: 6.69%
Strongly Disagree (130 votes [17.4%])

Percentage of vote: 17.4%

Well, It looks like will be accepted. Finally it had advantages and disadvantages, but I think more positive then negative:D gl so its a good idea.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 28 November 2012 - 7:11 pm
Without smurfs voobly would be near dead. Stop hatin on smurfers they actually are beneficial for more accurate ratings.

How do you figure that?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]SvoQ

Posted 28 November 2012 - 7:49 pm
why not give massive point traders the power to PT, so that way they leave the smurf accounts. just make them be able to bet their puntos against opponent ;flowers they can reach max ammount of PT faster ;) rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 Biz

Posted 28 November 2012 - 7:53 pm
Without smurfs voobly would be near dead. Stop hatin on smurfers they actually are beneficial for more accurate ratings.

without smurfs people might still be playing this game because instead of 90% of games being crappy unbalanced teamstacks, 90% of games might be fair

anything which misrepresents player skill is a bad idea for this game. end of story
Link | Reply | Quote
 BuzZ_Badtrip

Posted 28 November 2012 - 8:23 pm
Biz wrote:
without smurfs people might still be playing this game because instead of 90% of games being crappy unbalanced teamstacks, 90% of games might be fair

anything which misrepresents player skill is a bad idea for this game. end of story

Exactly. People keep saying without smurfs Voobly would be dead, but they never care to explain why, there will still be just as many people playing lol.
If Voobly chose to to prohibit smurfing it would make their job so much easier, point trading for one would be practically gone, a lot of the complaints I read on this forums is concerning point trading or disinhibitited behavior. Especially with different ladders serving different purposes now, there is no need for a ton of nicknames anymore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ramy_wool

Posted 28 November 2012 - 8:43 pm
Damned ;grr
Maybe this time some one read this :

If the scores/ ranking will be established according to the number of wins and games few days will be enough to finish the "smurf" system.
A lot of people, who are no doubt, point addicts will drop the smurf accounts.
Then , after 6 month or one year, all inactive accounts should be deleted.
That it, so simple.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ramy_wool

Edited 28 November 2012 - 8:48 pm by Ramy_wool
Will not.
First of all in Voobly we have a lot of AOC addicts .
Second, we have a lot of points addicts.
Third, mods ! who are power addicts
;inlove
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:26 pm
Ramy_wool wrote:
Will not.
First of all in Voobly we have a lot of AOC addicts .
Second, we have a lot of points addicts.
Third, mods ! who are power addicts
;inlove

Do these point addicts have a relegion by any chance?
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_W_Wofford

Posted 29 November 2012 - 5:47 am
the word 'involuntary smurf' might ring a bell
taking points away from one player will take points from the community once that guy starts playing again
Link | Reply | Quote
 WaitOneMin

Edited 29 November 2012 - 6:23 am by WaitOneMin
It isnt the problem of the rating decay system, in fact ,it works well~it is the problem of the "Ladder: RM - General". For Incentive principle, it can be improved by setting up two ladders, one for the whole history of the rating,here it is. The other one for the Active players, like this: In 1-3month a player has ever continued playing, then there him is, if not, no him. And there is another method: Improving the Ladder by adding the factor of Active resistance, as the "last logining time","last playing time " and so on. This is all, sorry for my poor English , best wish!;grin ;grin
Link | Reply | Quote
 RivaL_ReNeGaDe

Edited 29 November 2012 - 7:16 am by RivaL_ReNeGaDe
People also need to realize that this system isn't just for AoC. It would affect ALL games within Voobly. This means Wc3 (when it starts picking up), CS 1.6 (If it ever got implemented); Arcade games (coming soon), etc. Again, if you don't play, don't expect to be on the top of the leaderboards. Every other game/community doesn't allow this and I think Voobly shouldn't allow it either.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kratos__

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:37 am
Strongly Disagree
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]UnNaMeD__

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:09 pm
Explain to me how he loses points if he plays all day? I swear Taff said as long as you play ONE(1) game within 10 days you won't lose points. If it's 20 points per 10 days, then asking for a raise from 10 days shows your characteristic when playing fair. Sorry, I don't need 10+ accounts to have a good time losing in a 'lucky' CBA game (haha).
Maybe you play games in exams. And in a journey i don't take my PC with me. Isn't it?

Link | Reply | Quote
«45678910111213141516[17]18192021222324
Displaying 241 - 255 out of 346 posts