Triggers! Help needed.

rumburak24

Edited 1 August 2012 - 11:11 am by rumburak24
I'm stuck with one trigger, which fails and I cannot find out why. I'm going crazy from this. Anybody could see my scenario and help?

The logic is this:
If a Wonder is destroyed, gold mine is created. Then trigger with OR function is activated. It activates 8 sub-triggers who detects who owns the Wonder. If the player owns the Wonder and has a monk in the Wonder area, I activate Defeat trigger. Then I deactivate all the sub-triggers from OR function.

The Defeat (p1) trigger has condition:
If Gaya has gold mine (1), then kill (p1) units. And remove gold mine.

The problem is that even that the gold mine is created and the trigger is activated, so the own condition is never True. Only if I would delete the condition, the effects of the trigger would be performed and p1 would be defeated.

Really, help appreciated very much.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 1 August 2012 - 10:50 pm
Try using a different unit to a gold mine, perhaps a relic. Also try change from own object trigger to objects in area, you then don't need to be specific of which unit is in the area so more likely to work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 rumburak24

Edited 1 August 2012 - 11:11 pm by rumburak24
Rambit, it is nice you came to help.

The system I use is to solve the problem with deleting monks or Wonder by users. Originally it worked very well using gold mine of Gaya as a "signal" that some object is to be removed. When I used Monument instead Wonder, so I did not need to solve deleting of Monument. But then when I changed to Wonder, one extra task was to do, so I changed the triggers a little bit and since this moment it does not work. Even I think the substance of the system stays unchanged. I tried to use Own condition because it seems less bytes consuming then Objects in area.

I tried to change the "signal" gold mine of Gaya to Wonder of player one and it worked. But I need use Gaya. I tried different unit like Wonder of Gaya or Nine Band and also worked. But these items are reserved. I planed to use these items to signify which Wonder is to be removed:
1) gold mine
2) stone mine
3) rugs
5) sign
6) snow pine tree
7) statue

I also tried to change condition ( :( ) to Objects in Area: Gaya, resource 1, but it also does not work. But I reserved already 64 Gaya units like heros and normal units to create a "signal" for different purposes (condition Objects in Area) and those worked. So IDK why some objects from Others do not work. It is strange.
Link | Reply | Quote
 rumburak24

Posted 2 August 2012 - 12:00 pm
I tried Gaya Watch tower and outpost (worked), carts (full, empty, Empharor in A Barell) dont work, bombard tower does not work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 2 August 2012 - 1:11 pm by syssouffle
If you upload your map I can help you...

I don't really understand what's the problem, I must see.

Your triggers work when you use watch tower for detection and not work when you use a bombard tower ? That's really strange lol... I think that's an error in triggers but not a bug.
Link | Reply | Quote
 rumburak24

Edited 2 August 2012 - 2:00 pm by rumburak24
Azzzru:
I will appreciate.

Is it possible to upload it here?
I uploaded here:
[You must login to view link]

The problem is more and more hard. Some other bug are here, I must tell you. I found that it behaves different when I play with computer and when I play it online. Frustrating.

I must explain you how to configure the game. When you open the scenario in editor, diplomacy is set to ffa. You need player 8 as enemy (civ Celts is default and needed to this test) and Players 2-7 set as allied versus you. This will cause players 2-7 will stray in game. The Wonders 1,2,3,5,6,7 should stay in game. The monks should stay alive.

Bugs:
1) monks die sometimes when you start the game from editor. Then it needs to leave and start again.
2) if you want to play online, you could set p2 computer (Celts) as enemy versus host, and p3 human player. This will result in bug, that the Wonders are removed... Instead of it you find 2 sheeps instead 1 sheep between the monks. That is next bug (I found it right now).
3) and here we are - the problem with Gaya Lumberjack, house, bombard tower or whatever I take as a signal for Own condition. The problem does not appear for players 1 and 2. The problem is only for players 3-8.

When you open scenario in TS you should press/type (pgDown,Pg down,def) or (pgDown,Pg down,WD)
the "def" keys will jump on trigger "defeat 1 p1". Just above "defeat 1 p1" you have "Monks destroyed 1". If you type "WD" in the list of triggers, you will find Wonder Destroyed triggers.

If you want to find the Monks&Wonders thing, type "monks" and you get to "monks ungarrison 1" trigger
and "rm Wonders default" & "rm Wonder 4" just above.

TO explain the trigger logic:
If Wonder is destroyed (WD), signal is created, DWHO activated (type DWHO). DWHO 1 activates WHO 1 (p1). This activates Defeat 1 p1
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 2 August 2012 - 2:36 pm by syssouffle
Sorry i can't help you lol, your triggers looks complicated and there are 7000 u_u. I can't find my way if I have not made ​​myself...

I saw a little and i haven't seen where defeat 1 p1 is activated (trigger is desactivated). I don't know if you had no choice to make your triggers like this but try to optimize this next time...

I have tried to detect bombard tower, sign and statue and it's work ! by own object and object in arera. Probably triggers order which are bad ? You remove before detect ? Forget activation ?

Good luck!
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_TreasoN_

Posted 2 August 2012 - 2:37 pm
syssouffle wrote:
Sorry i can't help you lol, your triggers looks complicated and there are 7000 u_u. I can't find my way if I have not made ​​myself...

I saw a little and i haven't seen where defeat 1 p1 is activated (trigger is desactivated). I don't know if you had no choice to make your triggers like this but try to optimize this next time...

I have tried to detect bombard tower, sign and statue and it's work ! by own object and object in arera. Probably triggers order which are bad ? You remove before detect ? Forget activation ?

Good luck!

if he can't help you nobody can.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 2 August 2012 - 2:53 pm
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 2 August 2012 - 3:45 pm
Well, I too looked at the triggers, and IMO, it's a mess. I couldn't really locate the problem :p
Link | Reply | Quote
 rumburak24

Edited 2 August 2012 - 4:03 pm by rumburak24
I've described to you:

"If Wonder is destroyed (WD), signal is created, DWHO activated (type DWHO). DWHO 1 activates WHO 1 (p1). This activates Defeat 1 p1"

Just check the triggers in this order (going from the end):
- Defeat 1 p1
- WHO 1 (p1)
- DWHO 1
- WD 1
- Celts - START - (p2)
- X --- Detect computer ---
- c2

You can press your keys in this order:
-(PageDown, PageDown)def
-dwho
-c2 (wait) wd
-c2
-c2 (wait) celts

c2 is computer detection when the slot of computer 2 is closed, it activates "Celts - START - (p2)", so if p2 is comp and is Celt, then WD (Wonder destroy) is activated. From here DWHO and then WHO ... Finally deafeat ... is activated
Link | Reply | Quote
 rumburak24

Edited 2 August 2012 - 6:24 pm by rumburak24
Thanks for tests. For my experience, I always can find a bug in my own scenario, but sometimes it can take more time. It is much about good way to debug it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 rumburak24

Posted 6 August 2012 - 2:12 pm
Problem solved.

But question:
Do you know some program that can detect trigger, which contains activation or deactivation effect with incorrectly set trigger's id? To find act./deact. effect which is incorrectly set and causing scenario crash during game play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Posted 6 August 2012 - 11:33 pm
You can try with this:
[You must login to view link]

Find what's the value of an incorrectly set act./deact. and do a search in the txt file...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sydnee86

Posted 11 August 2012 - 6:38 am
I found most of my unexplainable crashes came from a simple misplaced click making a trigger that normally goes with a player to Gaia. Only good way I found to find bad triggers is to keep testing your scenario all along the way making multiple saves. So if needed you can go back to the last good copy to find it that way. A harder way for an already completed scenario is save it multiple times and delete blocks of triggers from each save until you find the block of triggers the crash comes from.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 16 posts