Trade carts

RavenJason36

Posted 10 July 2012 - 7:44 am
In team games, I see my allies and the other players having thousands of gold in trade from the carts while I'm only getting around 800-1000.
My question is, how many trade carts are average in 2v2, 3v3 games?
I find myself running out of gold too easily and think this will help a lot.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blackmore

Posted 10 July 2012 - 8:05 am
it depends of the game, and the gold you have in map and such, i play nothing maps where is no gold, so i make around a lot of carts, around 40. but in other maps maybe dont need early carts, in late game you should make a lot too.

watch some recs and see how many carts they have.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]lateNightTechno

Posted 10 July 2012 - 8:11 am
make 50 carts at each game+10 farms+20vills on wood and with other pop all units (goth will help u at this very much ) and of course u make carts after u get all the gold around u.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RavenJason36

Posted 10 July 2012 - 8:17 am
The_13ully I'm having a hard time figuring out what your trying to say, sorry :p
Link | Reply | Quote
 Keepo

Posted 10 July 2012 - 8:22 am
Hi.

Make 35 or more carts and keep adding after 55 min you must get 70 carts and low farms rest army.

Start making cart from 30th min (BF) or after 34 min in arabia.

Have fun
Link | Reply | Quote
 RavenJason36

Posted 10 July 2012 - 9:45 am
How many farms is low? I heard you should have at least 4 per TC you have for constant vil production
Link | Reply | Quote
 Angerfist_Yo

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:14 am
trade carts are very important if u dont have enough food to create miners (villagers)
but you'll find u have excess piles of gold but not enoguh food so balance it according to ur strategy :D
also A good tip, on some maps a small brick 'road' connects allies, so use this road and build ur markets as direct as possible so ur trading carts dont have to go a who extra mile around some trees for the same profit

keeping trade routes away from farms, military and buildings seems to help, since it's wasting time swerving around the villies
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RuSH]GodsRain

Posted 18 September 2012 - 9:36 pm
There really are no exact numbers in this. Generally. the answer will vary for the type of map you are playing. I can give you my best opinion form a blackforest standpoint:

Once you're done booming, make 3-5 markets to trade with someone else whose markets are as far away as possible without any major obstructions between them. as you are attacking, progressively keep making trade carts. The later post imp you get, the less you need vills on food and wood and more to gold, so delete some eco to create space for more trade carts and army. The more trade carts you have, the better off you are. this could range anywhere from 40-90 carts, depending on the size of the map and how late it is in gametime. Just keep making trade carts until you can consistently supply 200 pop with army and be able to sling a bit to your teammates. Go to [AdiX]SteLitY's games and find a long bf one to see the best example of bf trade.

Hope that helps a bit ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 3dmikey

Posted 29 September 2012 - 8:23 am
Hi everyone, I have a quick question about trade carts. How exactly do they earn gold? Is it just free gold or do they sell the resource you have the most of?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _MeMoRy

Posted 29 September 2012 - 9:13 am
What are trade carts?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:45 pm
45-60 trade carts is needed for long game. You want to start making them as the gold around you starts to run out.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Posted 29 September 2012 - 2:04 pm
_MeMoRy wrote:
What are trade carts?
LOL
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 29 September 2012 - 9:28 pm
_MeMoRy wrote:
What are trade carts?

U sir should get a gold medal